- Research Areas
- Dynamic Brain Circuits and Connections in Health and Disease
- Core facilities
- Research administration services
- News & Events
- Brain Matters Newsletter
- Neuroscience Research Colloquium
You are hereAbout
Kickstart Research Grant
To help kick-start new research collaborations, directions, and technological developments, the DMCBH Innovation Fund Kickstart Research Grant will support new projects that generate preliminary data for future grant applications to external funding agencies.The DMCBH Innovation Fund will support up to five awards per year, with a maximum value of $30,000 each.
To be eligible, full-time faculty must hold independent research or clinical space at the University of British Columbia (UBC) or its affiliated research sites and additionally meet at least one of the following criteria:
- currently holds external funding supporting basic or clinical brain research
- actively contributes to teaching within the Graduate Program in Neuroscience (NRSC500, NRSC501)
- actively contributes to training by having one or more trainees enrolled in the Graduate Program in Neuroscience
Research proposals will be evaluated on scientific merit, collaborative interactions and innovation. Preference will be given to those applications that clearly propose a novel research direction, partnership and innovative approach. Applications for the DMCBH Innovation Fund Kickstart Research Grant will be adjudicated by one or more committees set up by the DMCBH Executive and will include a Chair and 3-4 reviewing members.
Applications are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 13, 2019.
If you have questions about the application or the adjudication process, please email email@example.com.